Saturday, December 18, 2010

Don't Cry For Me Evgeniya, Part VII

I can't believe I pulled this one off! This one had one of the best broken English poems i've ever seen! I think someone finally trumped Svetlana and the scarlet decline, but i'll leave that to be determined by the critics:

Hi, my sweetheart Dan, how are you ? today
I've seen so many nice places in St-Petersburg while going by bus! When I got off the plane in the St-Petersburg Airport policeman asked me about passport and he looked at me like I am an enemy ))) I think all people here (and everywhere) are a little crazy because of terrorism. Everything here is very expensive, not like in my city...and everywhere are big crowds of people! Everywhere is so many people!
I'm still uncomfortable about it but I feel soon it will be OK. I've been to few shops here today and I see goods are much more expensive here then in my native city. I am much tired from flight from Abakan up to ST-Petersburg I'm so excited to write you again!!!!!!!!!! I'm in St-Petersburg, Russia, not St-Peresburg in USA You can't imagine how happy I am that I already started my trip to you!
I still cannot believe I've done it! Wow! As I wrote you I was scared to fly on the plane but everything was OK and I'm still alive )))) St-Petersburg is a really big city! I've been told the population of St-Petersburg is about 10 million of people! From the Airport I went by bus...it was so long way... about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
I found a place to stay, I rent a room from an old woman and man. She is have 62 years old and he is have 65 years old. And they have two grown up children but they are already married and don't come to visit they very often. So they are alone and they have not much money so they give in rent rooms in own apartment. They are very nice men's )) They said I have to be very careful.
You know... This woman said many girls from small cities come to big cities... or even abroad...They are looking for a better future and fortune, but they are from small cities, they didn't imagine their way to find the happiness can be not as easy as they thought...And some of them can end up as prostitutes or something like that. She said I should be careful when I meet you!! But I don't worry about you! I feel with all my heart you are really nice man! And I think I'm enough educated not to end up as a prostitute and I will find my happiness! Sorry I wrote you about my worries.. I have nobody to write about it. My parents are worried enough about me and I don't want to make them worry more.
I think that's really good I've met you! I can write you about everything. I miss my parents... but I'm getting better with every hour )) Now I'm very hungry and I will go and eat something. I wish to light this a small poem to you while I in flight I had time it to compose :My poem for you!!!!
My voice for you both tender and languid
Disturbs later silence of night dark.
Near bed sad the candle burns mine
My verses merge murmuring, flow, rivers love, Flow are full you
In darkness your eyes shine before with me
To me smile, and sounds are heard by me:
My friend, my gentle friend
I Like .. Yours Yours!
In pinetions long hopeless, In alarms of noisy vanity
The voice gentle sounded to me long
Also lovely fig dreamed.
And heart beat in ecstasy
And for it have revived again
And a deity, and inspiration
Both life, and happiness, and love
Please confirm the name of airport and be sure you wrote it right. Please confirm me your full name and telephone number. :phone: Please don't be mad! I just want to be sure I have your contacts! This way I will feel more confident. I will try write to you even in the evening today, I do not know Whether I can make it as affairs much it is necessary to make still I have already one good news, my passport is ready. I am afraid to make any mistake... I hope everything will be fine. I've been told I may have all further information about my trip tomorrow. As soon as I learn it I will write you an e-mail!!! I don't have enough time now to write more things.
Your Genya. :love: :love: :love:

Her poem is another on my list of favorites I’ve gotten from this one, and it made it fun to write my response too!

Hello my precious gem Genya!!!!!
Today in my city is a cold. There is wind and snow everywhere. Absolute it was miserable of a weather. I had short day at work, is not enough of a business to keep me busy. I made myself walk home on a snow, and my shoe was untied! I hope you are enjoying yourself in St. Petersburg! Sorry for read you get treatment like a terrorist, I hope they did not commit cavity search, they should save that for dentist, or me!
I wish it to see St. Petersburg someday, you are the lucky girl! I have been to the big city, Denver, but it is smaller town, only 5 million people! St. Petersburg must be massive like iceberg! It is bad that things are more to cost in a big city. They are not more in Denver, I wonder why there? Maybe to cause it is price gauging mafia?
Perhaps we should try Denver when you to arrive here? It is big city, but there is large community of Russian immigrants. They even have Russian community newspaper! I saw on it when I was a college student to study the Russian language. I will try make a browse for prices apartments to move on a Denver, and for search it a job to be me. I hope we can solve you worries when make it an arrival, I am not known of my future here either. Jobs not good, education not enough and too expensive for make to return to it. I hard worker though, someone will find more good use for me!
Well, I should go soon, but I loved your poem so much, I felt I must return it, so here is effort mine:
Voice mine longs for hearing of yours
But thousands of miles away it is
But then you make an arrival!
Whence it is seen you!
Night time is dark!
But light brings you when it arrives!
Like a candle in a power outage, it brings hope.
Like a deer in the headlights, I am stuck when witness your light.
It is 90 watt, very bright for a man who is light sensitive.
Car alarms read Vanity Fair, and eat fig bars.
And the author is very stoned!
God, I need a defibrilator, I am perspirating!
I love happiness!

The airport is Colorado Springs Airport. My phone service sent to stop since my first paycheck was sent to closed bank account. It will be returned when fixed payroll information, but paperwork completion was just completion today. The number was 719-634-XXXX, hoping it will remain a same when it is returned.
I hope it is not a mistake! Wishing to see you soon! Love
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment